Monday, June 22, 2015

May 25, 2015 letter

Hey everyone! 
Wow I feel like I am a little closer to Antarctica then I really am! This week has been really cold. Starting on Monday we didn't see the sun for like four days because it was so foggy. Literally the air was basically water. No rain just cold. It cleared up and the sun came out for a few days but with the wind and everything its been pretty cold. This morning when I woke up it was 9 degrees Celsius like 47 and I could very clearly see my breath. So after warming up with some exercises, I made some bread and heated the house up a little. This cold is again like I have said maybe a million times SO different than Utah cold. Its like your hands and feet constantly are cold and you always feel a little damp.  So much humidity. Oh well it's a lot of fun either way! Like another world. 

This week was the 21st of May here in Chile its a Holiday that celebrates a victory over the Peruanos. Basically they dedicate the whole day to protesting because it is also the "State of the Union address" the talk takes place here in Valparaiso so it makes the city center a war zone. Two kids died in a protest and others injured. A lot of unnecessary violence and stuff. But here in the hills everything keeps on like normal so no worries. 

If all goes well Edgardo will be baptised this Sunday. His wife isn't ready yet, we will see what happens.  We have been having a bit of success these last few weeks. Mirza it going to be Married on the 21 of July and so she will be baptised the 24th or 25th, and we have a few other people that we will be getting ready for in June.
Jorge is one of those he is about 68 he has a little sewing shop and we met him in the street. He says that he likes the Mormons and want to join a religion, so if all goes well and we have a lot of blessings we should be able to teach him and help him understand why. He was a mountain climber and bike racer he says he never was able to make it to the top of Aconcagua, but got close. We are still working with Gilda and trying to do lots of contacts to find other people. 

Saturday we were walking in the street and I saw a little 3 year old girl look at us then look away real quick. The mom saw it too.  The mom was a little heavy, and was lighting up a cigarette.  I started to talk with her while her mom was with the little girl. We were walking on a street where there is a lot of cars parked on the sides, and its a hill so people as they start to go down the hill can't really see where they are going. Anyways, the little girl all of a sudden takes off running, and crying a little because the grandma didn't give her candy.  The girl runs toward the street, and there was a car coming quickly in a second I knew I Had to stop the car, so I ran into the street waving the car to stop. The car stopped just in time and the grandma and the mom took the girl and crossed the street without a word. It was an experience I'll remember for a long time. I'm just glad the car stopped. 

Well the mission is great I love it! my Comp is great and is learning a lot and we have a good time.  I love Chile and I'm so glad for my chance to be here! I love the Gospel and the happiness that it brings! I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Biesinger 

Elder Alvarez at the mission office

James at the Mission office

James and Elder Alvarez

No comments:

Post a Comment