Monday, February 16, 2015

February 16, 2015

Hey all! 
So I had Changes I left Belloto, Elder Velasco, and the heat.  Now I am in Valparaiso! On the coast. I literally can't describe how this place is. I would tell you to look at pictures and try to imagine it but I don't know if it could do it justice. Every morning while I'm getting ready I can look out the window and see the port with the battle ships the cargo ships and even the daily Cruise liner. I can see all the way to the other side of the bay to Viña and Con Con. It is amazing.  The only down side is I left the Area where everyone is somewhat wealthy and there are very few fleas, And now I'm a walking blood bag. haha. Its pretty fun.   My area is Called Levarte "A" there are 6 missionaries in this Branch where I'm at.  We have a nice Chapel, and 120 members went to church this week.  The other 4 missionaries are sisters. The district here has plans to become a stake in the coming months. My comp is Elder Gomez From Neuquen Argentina. He is really great, and has been a great comp so far.  I'm excited to be with him, work with him, and get to know him.  I will be serving as a District leader this change as well. So those are the changes! We don't have any investigators yet, again, so back to the search.. they had one named Ana but she didn't pass her interview for baptism because until her son receives a grant for college she won't pay tithing. I have not met her yet because my comp says we just loose time with her. We will see.   Being here on the coast its COLD at night and in the morning until the sun burns away the fog but sometimes that doesn't happen until 4 in the afternoon. ha so it makes things interesting. 

Yesterday in Elders Quorum I thought that one of the Lines from the Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson was pretty great, so I want to share it with you. The translation I got from Spanish Is the following. 
"The Sad Countenance has never won a battle, in Love or in War." -Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson. 
I thought that that was pretty great. Because in all honesty if we just walk around being sad all the time or afflicted how are we ever going to win or accomplish anything? WE WONT. It doesn't matter if the fleas are making me miserable and the hills make every muscle in my legs burn I'll never reach the top of the hill if I just sit there and whine and even if I complain the whole way up what have I accomplished. But how can we be happy and accept our difficulties if we don't understand the purpose. So I want to share the purpose. If you read Abraham 3:24-26 That is the purpose. Everything we go through and feel and learn and live and suffer every triumph every defeat is all part of the test. If we can truly understand our purpose and our reason for everything that we live. We will have a Happy Countenance and we will conquer. Adam fell that men might be and men are that they might have Joy. Ten animo viven felices la gozo de este vida ni es un parte de la gozo de la vida eterna. I hope that we can all smile grin and bare it because it is for our good. God knows. Christ knows. What we live and suffer has a purpose. I believe it is in Alma 5 that says that Christ took upon himself all manner of afflictions and sicknesses so that he will know how to succor us. 
I know that's true. We will never have to suffer more than is necessary for our own Good. Unless of course you keep being wicked and don't be humble hahaha. 

Well I love you all thank you all for the love and support. 
With all my love and Joy
Elder Biesinger 

James and Elder Valesco with some awesome Chilean Grandparents

Last Picture with Elder Valesco

Picture of part of my new area

View of the Stadium from a members porch

Happy Valentines Day

James with his new Companion Elder Gomez

No comments:

Post a Comment